Hornet Dating App Review
Hornet is one of the leading apps offering gay dating services to gay people. You are here because you are looking for important info about the best gay dating apps. Granted looking for such an app can be a daunting task given that the internet is awash with sites and apps claiming or manner of things. So how do you know how good an app is? After careful consideration and comparison of various reviews and actual apps, we present some insights into what we have found to the good and the bad about this otherwise exciting app.
Founded in 2011 Hornet is considered to be a premier gay social network in the world. Its mission by then was to create the seminal digital home for all categories of sexual orientations considered to be curious. Going by the platform's statistics it has well over 25 million community members from the diverse spectrum of LGBTQ+ fraternity. If we go by this figure then we can safely conclude the platform is living true to its mission. Hornet helps people like you make meaningful connections in a friendly environment full of award-winning news and original content around travel, lifestyle, social justice, and entertainment.
This app is a combination of features you'll hardly find in many other apps they include the following free features:
Free push notification
With this feature, you receive a free notification every time someone sends you a message. So if it's an urgent message from someone interested in getting in touch ASAP you'll see it immediately.
Why not use this to realize the real reasons you are using this app in the first place. Yes, the feature allows you to explore the profiles of the hot gay men before you visit a new location. The app allows you to search for guys by using hashtags related to your sexual preference. For instance, you can use #bottoms, #top or #verse depending on your preferred role.
This remarkable feature helps you to narrow down your search to the kind of gay guys you are looking for. It saves you time by only showing the profiles of guys who have the traits you hold dear.
This is a social media-type feature that allows you to follow a guy's profile. This means you are interested in seeing what he posts every day.
Every member is able to upload multiple photos on their respective profiles. This gives you the opportunity to showcase your life and who you really are.
Sharing is caring
If you get really interested in a gay guy's profile or post you can use this feature to forward the guy's profile to your friends and any other members who might be interested.
Interested in jotting down interesting facts about a guy so that it becomes easier for you to remember his name and other facts about him? This feature helps you achieve this objective in no time.
This recognizes the communal nature of us human beings. It offers a range of communities that you can join and engage with the members in their forums. Such communities include Foodies, Daddies, Geeks, Jocks, Twinks, and Gaymers.
Move your location
If you are a traveler you can use this feature to adjust your location settings as you move. Why? It helps you see more new gay guys in your new location thus increasing the chances of you getting new gay friends, lovers, and hookups in your new location.
KYS / Know Your Status
With this, you are able to share your HIV status if you so desire. On the other hand, you are able to see the HIV status of any other user who decides to share his among the members. This feature can give you reminders of when you have to be tested.
No doubt this is LGBT's biggest newsroom in the world. Here users read the site's in-house news and features.
- Sign up is free
- The 7-day pass goes for $4.99
- Hornet Premium goes $9.99
- 3 months subscription goes for $21.99
- 1-year subscription costs $39.99
- You can filter profiles of members according to the traits you are looking for.
- You can use it to find gay guys from around the world.
- KYS feature is a big plus. It lets you share your HIV status and reminds you when to get tested.
- You can use the Hornet Gay Dating app to search for gay love without restrictions. In fact, you can use it to scout for a gay partner from any corner of the globe.
- The app is compatible with both Android and iOS operating systems. This means it is used by a significant majority who are fond of devices using these operating systems.
- It has built-in social media features e.g "follow" and "share".
- Compared to other leading apps this one has fewer intrusive ads.
- It targets a wide range of bisexual, gay and curious men.
- Flexible payment options with the lowest being a paltry $7.99 cater for budgets of all across the board.
- The app gives you the highest number of free feature. This means you can do quite a lot without upgrading to premium membership.
- You can learn a lot from the apps LGBT newsroom to help you through in your gay life both online and offline.
- There's an in-built age restriction of 18 and above for using this app.
Free membership comes with its fair share of challenges. For instance, it's quite likely to be abused by scammers out to defraud you or take advantage of your good intentions.
The app is well received in diverse countries around the world including Russia, Brazil, France, Turkey the UK and the US. With its numerous free features, a thriving global community of LGBT members, a robust LGBT newsroom this is one app that will remain at the top for many more years. Reviews indicate many gay, bisexual and curious men have successfully used this app to get their matches and so can you. This gay dating app is recommended to any serious gay guy who admires what it has to offer. And to the beginner in gay app dating this can as well be one of the best starting points.