Tinder Dating App Review
Tinder is one of the most popular dating apps and there is a reason for this. Tinder is designed to be mainly a mobile app though there is a less popular version of Tinder that works on computers. This article is an in-depth guide on Tinder that will help you discover and understand one of the best dating apps ever.
Tinder is a social location-based mobile dating app that allows you to dislike by swapping left and like by swapping right on other users pictures and bio. Once you like another user and they like you back, there is a match and you can then go on to chat. Tinder is one of the most popular dating apps because it is one of the simplest and most convenient dating apps ever built. Tinder's sophisticated and sleek design makes it very fun to use for singles looking for hookups, relationships, friendship and even love.
Launched in 2012, Tinder was getting a billion swipes by 2014. Since then, it has been upgraded and modified a few times thought the overall concept of swiping to get a match has not changed much. All you need to do to start using Tinder is sign up with either your Facebook account or a phone number. Over the years, it has become one of the biggest places online for people to instantly find dates with people they match with.
- The Swipe feature is integral to Tinder. You have to swipe right on profiles of users you like and swipe left for profiles you do not like.
- Instagram integration makes it possible for users to check out the Instagram profiles of other users on the app.
- Common Connections allows you to see users that you have mutual Facebook friends with. You can also get to see when a user has two separate friends that are also friends on Facebook.
- Basic free membership has anything you need to find your date including swipe, chat reply and send messages to your matches.
- You can like as many people as you wan,t which is great as compared to the capped version of basic Tinder which has a daily cap.
- Comes with the Rewind feature that allows you to undo your last swipe if you are having second thoughts.
- The passport feature makes it possible to swipe on profiles from across the globe rather than just users on your locale.
- You get to enjoy a profile boost once every month so that your profile is more visible to other users.
- Super Like up to five people every day, which can significantly boost your chances of snagging a date.
Comes with all the features of Tinder Plus and two additions - Top Picks and Likes You.
- Likes You - The feature allows you to see users that have swiped right on your profile. You can usually see a full list of all the people that like your profile so that you can swipe and browse for people you like.
- Top Picks - You get access to a selection of profiles that the algorithm believes you might be interested in. The selection highlights aspects of the profiles including user attributes such as "Adventurer" or "Doctor" to help you decide if you are interested in a user.
- More Control - You get more granular controls that allow you to do things such as restrict or unlock who sees you and who you see, prioritize active user accounts, and restrict how much information is shown on your profile.
If you love swiping right a lot and also tend to get many swipe rights on our profile, Gold and Plus might be great for you. This is especially so if you are on the road a lot of the time and need to hook up with someone on the go.
Nonetheless, getting the upgraded versions does not mean that you will get more matches though it will significantly improve the visibility of your profile. As such, it is always important to ensure your profile is well set up before paying extra cash for Tinder Gold or Plus.
Tinder Basic will grant you access to many of the features you need to use and match with other users. However, you will miss out on a lot of features that may improve your chances of getting more matches.
The upgraded Gold and Tinder Plus gives access to tons of features for a fee. As is often the case, you will get the premium subscription cheaper if you decide to purchase your subscription for a longer time. Nonetheless, the time that you decide on will be dependent on whether your goals and needs in using the app.
Tinder Plus Prices
Tinder Plus comes with some really odd pricing structure that is based on how old you are and where you live.
- 1 month $2.99 for people in developing countries and 19.99 for people living in developed countries
- 1 month $9.99 for persons under the age of 30 and 19.99 for people over 30 years old
Tinder Gold Prices
Tinder Gold goes for $29.99 a month. However, it is important to note that you get more bang for your buck if you buy the 6 or 12-month plan.
- 1 month $29.99
- 6 months $18.83 a month
- 12 months $12.50 a month
Pros of Tinder
- Can make for a great game when socializing with friends
- Easy to use as you just swipe right and left and wait for users to like you back for a match
- It is an easy and convenient way to connect with other people unlike other dating apps and sites
- It is very good for hookup as the persons you meet are in your area and already like you
- The location-based algorithm means it is easier to meet up with your match
- The app is free to download on Android, iPhone and on PC
- Tinder does not require a lot of information to set up a profile and start swiping
Cons of Tinder
The age-based pricing model is kind of discriminatory and unfair to older users
There are tons of dating apps and websites out there and Tinder is one of the best if not the best for singles looking for friendship, hookup, or a relationship. As one of the most popular dating apps online, it is always gaining more users, which means the pool of people to match with is very large. Given its excellent reputation, it must be doing something right to help people get a great match. Now that you know all there is to know about Tinder, get on your phone and get a match - I hope you get lucky.